Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nasi Bungkus

Bill and I sampled Indonesian cuisine at our local Indo Cafe. It was supremely delicious, and I ate something called Nasi Bungkus. Unfortunately, I learned that Nasi Bungkus basically means wrapped rice, which so totally does not describe what I ate today.
Bill and I were also complimented on our spicy-eating, which of course, made us feel totally special.
Anyway, here is a picture of Nasi Bungkus. It is insanely cute, even if the name is pretty vulgar.

4 comments:

Abby said...

cutest food ever.

Pasta Junkie with a Bread Addiction said...

how much did you pay for rice in a wrapper? was there any meat or veggies? i have a bridge I can sell you . . .

ruth said...

lady, there were both meat and veggies. i don't need a bridge!

Chick Lits & Graphic Novels said...

nasi bungkus = rice wrapped in banana leaves. which totally describes the dish's presentation.