Tuesday, December 02, 2008

$3.99 I'm going out of my mind.

A few weeks ago I did two things in the wine aisle of Whole Foods that I try never to do: buy wines that cost less than $7 (because then you can't just grab something from the rack to take to a friend's house) and buy wines because the label is cute (because that's embarrassing).

But this label was so cute, and not cute like penguins! Just a tiny smidge of tasteful cuteness that suggests a real wine for real grown-ups.

See?
And, it's $3.99. However, you probably don't think it's cute, and Bill already said it tastes "interesting."

See also my messy counter? Stop judging. I swear the wine is good.

8 comments:

Bigfoot said...

I too do not understand why this wine bottle is cute. But I{ve given up questioning why.

ruth said...

You are 20. You don't appreciate tasteful-cute; you only appreciate the kind of cute that is hello kitty and penguins.

Peach Pit said...

I still don't feel too much shame at buying < $7.00 wine, but I think this owes to my grad student status. In any case, I always have to make a separate trip when buying wine for friends/parties, because not everyone likes thrift liquor as much as I do.

City Elf said...

is it cute bc it has pink on it?

also, i like the term "thrift liquor".

also, thrift liquor? i hardly know her! haha, i can never resist that one.

ruth said...

...maybe it's just not that cute.

Diana said...

Pink label, $3.99 price tag? I'd give it a swirl!

Saeed Zia said...

Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest update about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

Saeed Zia said...

Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online
www.jobzcorner.com