Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sarah Palin

Every time I read something about Sarah Palin (which has been rare in the past week or two-- I'm officially over her), I think to myself "...is bringing the LOLZ." And then I wonder if I've understood that internet expression properly.

And even though I've been officially over Maureen Dowd for several years, I've found myself reading her column again as of late.

But tell me, these quotes from Dowd's column yesterday are surely bringing the lolz:

1) "The latest news from Alaska is that the governor keeps a tanning bed in the Juneau mansion. As The Los Angeles Times pointed out, when Palin declared May 2007 Skin Cancer Awareness Month in Alaska, the press release explained that skin cancer was caused by 'the sun and from tanning beds.'"

2) "I talked to a Wal-Mart mom, Betty Necas, 39, wearing sweatpants and tattoos on her wrists. She said she’s never voted, and was a teenage mom 'like Bristol.' She likes Sarah because she’s “down home” but said Obama 'gives me the creeps. Nothing to do with the fact that he’s black. He just seems snotty, and he looks weaselly.'"

No comments: