Friday, July 15, 2011

Goals for the rest of the summer

1) Finish The Corrections. Which is tedious, but should be done. I am 3/4 of the way done, so best soldier on.
2) Develop an opinion about Miranda July.
3) Start working on my oft-declared goal of being about to do the splits by the time I am 30.
4) Lesson-plan. Which means doing some truly odious reading.
5) Run more than three miles. Not sure how long is reasonable to shoot for, but I did agree to train for a 10k with a friend of mine who recently had a baby. Since I've been running 2.5-3 miles on a regular basis for most of the summer, I decided to take the incentive to run longer. But I think running a race sounds like about the lamest thing on the planet, and since I've vowed never to trust people who tell me to add protein powder to anything, I doubt you, imagined reader, race runner, and protein-powder eater, could persuade me otherwise. Still, it is important to try the things you think you hate, even if that just means you end up more resolute in your contempt.
6) Eat more salad.
7) Do something fun that involves leaving Los Angeles. Probably after mi amor finishes his qualifying exams in August. And before I have to start the school year in mid-August. I suppose a weekend getaway is all we will be able to muster up. But maybe that will be the time to check out all the Gertrude Stein activity in SF.


OK, 7 seems like a reasonable number. I should probably come up with something wedding-related to do, but I'm not sure what that should be, so I won't think about it.

1 comment:

NVFP said...

How did you get on? I love having tasks and to do lists. Its not always that fun completing them though eh?! :)