Sunday, June 03, 2007

Molasses cookies

OK, so, I just made molasses cookies & I am like, some kind of genius. Prior to this cookie-baking, I'd only eaten the Archway molasses cookies about once a year with my dad.
Recently, it occurred to me that one could actually make their own molasses cookies! So, I found a recipe. But then I was all distressed because it called for vegetable shortening, and I couldn't find molasses, and I couldn't believe how expensive ground cloves were. But eventually I found molasses, and I decided to splurge on organic fancy-ass vegetable shortening from Whole Foods. And it turned out that ground cloves were like, half as much as ground cloves at the regular grocer! So, lucky that.
And finally, today I made the cookies, and they are literally the best thing in the world. I am obsessed with their awesomeness. I'm not one to toot my own horn (ha!), but these are the best damn cookies in the world. Make them now!!

No comments: