Friday, July 13, 2007

A recipe from Ruth

Last weekend, I deserted Bill to celebrate my grandfather's 90th birthday in Nebraska, and to kick it with my Kansas City crew (uh, that would be my parents, brothers, Jessica & Ryan--holla!)...
Anyway, Bill apparently spent the weekend watching Battlestar Galactica, and drinking beer.
So far, I have spent my boyfriend-less time eating cottage cheese and tuna salad, probably Bill's least favorite foods.

Also, Whole Foods sells this tasty cranberry tuna salad, which costs like, $10/lb.
Anyway, I think I have finally successfully replicated the recipe!!!

It follows:

2 cans tuna (regular size, regular tuna)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 T German Mustard (probably any whole grain would do)
1 T fresh parsley (optional-- by this I mean I didn't use it yesterday, but then remembered the abundance of fresh parsley on my balcony and added it today).

Soak cranberries & diced onion in water for about 5 minutes. Drain. Mix everything together. Eat it.

As a note, I made this yesterday, ate half for dinner last night, half for lunch today. I think the flavor was better today!

2 comments:

Julie said...

oh my gosh, I just so happen to have all of those ingredients! i will try this!

ruth said...

make sure you add it to the spreadsheet!