Monday, July 31, 2006

Pitchfork presents... testosterone!

So, this past weekend Bill & I ventured to Chicago for Pitchfork Music Festival. My first music festival, so that was an exciting landmark.
I think though, that I won't go to one of those again. I am pretty sure grass and sunshine is not the ideal venue for indie rock.
And, seriously, what the hell was the deal with the 41 bands and like, 10 girls total in any of these groups? Lame lame lame!!! No more guitars for boys, and especially no more microphones. No offense, but it gets old.
Otherwise, lots of Chicago fun-ness and friend-seeing. And, can't object to the pitchfork-people-watching and laying about.
In other news, my Knox alumni status has finally begun returning on my investment: I saved $14 this weekend thanks to Knox alums with jobs. That is damn near 0.00012% of my capital outlay, not including interest. Also, I have no idea if that is the proper use of the term 'capital outlay.'

2 comments:

le cyber flaneur said...

do u have it in you to attend another music festival? this time in Lawrence, and with bands like Deathcab for Cutie, Boy Kill Boy, and Broken Social Scene, you're sure to get a strong dose of Testosterone,

Katie said...

I finally figured out that those links in your text actually go to something. Ronica looks so cute. I miss you guys a lot. And your phone stinks. Either that or mine AND MrAs stinks. But I think its like two against one now and Im officially allowed to claim shinanigans on your cellphone.