Thursday, July 31, 2008

Peru!

I am arrived. I had the worst airplane food ever, courtesy Copa Airlines, I visited the Panamanian airport, trekked across an endless airport parking lot in Lima following the guy who purported to be my ride to the hostel (he was, after all), I wandered the fancy limeƱo neighborhood of Miraflores in which I am staying, returned to the hostel, made friends with a Dutch girl traveling solo, ate dinner at a crappy Italian place with said Dutch girl (no wooden shoes, folks), and then returned to my hostel, took a surprisingly pleasant hostel shower, and then stubbed my toe so hart it broke the skin!

Anyway, now I am going to read my book and prepare for bed. Upon awaking tomorrow, Veronica and Margaret will be arrived to my hostel and I will hopefully convince them to go to a chifa with me, which is a Peruvian Chinese restaurant!

4 comments:

Bigfoot said...

#hums# On the road again...

SheilaE said...

I wore wooden shoes the last time I was in Holland. (see facebook photo)

Unknown said...

It's stub your toe hard not "hart" ms pro. editor.

Anonymous said...

What an adventure so far! Hope you're having fun wearing your jungle pants, etc.

Amy