Thursday, July 03, 2008

Popcorn, Helvetica

Well, today I got to watch the documentary Helvetica at work with a bunch of design & production people. They thought it was pretty funny, and I must say, I enjoyed the movie and especially enjoyed the watching a movie during work.

Someone made a bag of Newman's Own microwave popcorn.

If you didn't know this about me already, I will tell you: I love popcorn. I wouldn't say I need to eat it daily, but I definitely need to eat it weekly. And popcorn at the movie theater is mandatory, even if I have previously deemed it sub-par.

I was pretty alarmed last year when that microwave popcorn/lung disease story broke, and, anyway, since I tend to be pretty concerned with eating minimally processed foods, I finally made the move to get a stovetop popper (and by "made the move" I mean "asked my mom to get me one for my birthday") last fall.

So, now I pop my organic popping corn in bulk from Whole Foods, pop it canola oil and drizzle melted butter on my popped corn. And I wouldn't be lying if I said that it was basically the best tasting thing in the whole world. Still, I can't resist crummy microwaved popcorn so I indulged at the meeting... err, movie-watching. And it was kind of gross, but I kept eating it.

Also, Bill has officially turned into a popcorn hater. I guess there is only so much love for popcorn a couple can have, and I hog it all. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you like the Spiekermann quotes? He was hilarious. Since you watched it at work, maybe you didn't get to see all the DVD extras. Vignelli talks about his subway map there. It's so cool. Here's another movie website but it talks about some of the people featured.