Monday, January 24, 2005

Mortification! (or The French)

Oh! My 17 year old brother has denounced my new blog ownership as being uncool! And the whole purpose of this endeavor is to make people think I am cool! Obviously, this is really devastating as I had hoped to gain mass approval.

Yesterday Bill tried to teach me how to play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, as it would be nice if I could share in his passion. He tricked me into learning by promising that it wouldn't take much to be better than our French (and therefore not good at winning) flatmate Stephane.
I felt like I did really well at Vice City. The main problem is that I don't particularly like having the police after me. I don't even really enjoy killing people, or running into stuff. Let's be honest, I do plenty of that in my daily life; I don't need to do it on the small screen. Basically, I feel like I've played well if I am able to stay on my side of the road, which is hideously hideously wrong. I guess no matter how hard I try, it will never be Mario Kart.

Bill and I also had fun on Saturday explaining to Stephane the French people. He frequently tells stories about applying for jobs or talking to women that end with an eyebrow wiggle and a "because I am Frennnnch." Yet, he remains remarkably oblivious to the fact that the reason being French is special is because the Frennnnch know about passion and the depths of the human soul. So we explained about the Marquis de Sade and Pepe le Pew and how that's who French people are. Pervy and smelly. Stephane remained dubious. Nevertheless, it was enjoyable explaining to someone how debauched their countrymen are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Nevertheless, it was enjoyable explaining to someone how debauched their countrymen are."

The no.1 most feared country in the world is the USA. No wonder given the racist fools that live there.